Historical Society for Southeast New Mexico
Once the stately home of Mr. and Mrs. James Phelps White and a Roswell landmark since its completion in 1912, this grand house now serves as the Historical center for Southeast New Mexico’s Museum. The Museum is a reminder of turn-of-the-century life in Chaves County.
Adjacent to the museum, the archive building provides an abundance of rare and historical books, over 14,000 photos, hundreds of manuscripts plus maps, audio tapes, obituaries, newspapers and more.
200 N. Lea Roswell, NM 88201